- Establish clear goals for your product or brand, then identify social measurements that support those objectives.
- Organize your measurements and metrics in a logical framework.
- Apply a long-term outlook to social media interactions and measurements. It's a commitment, not a campaign.
- If hard ROI metrics are difficult to track, consider a range of softer metrics that link back to desired business outcomes.
- Determine a dollar value for customers that opt in and engage your brand via social networks.
- In your ROI calculations, don't overlook the value of cost savings that result from ongoing social listening and tracking.
- Build technological capabilities to measure your customers' complete digital footprint—in real time.
What can the 'net' do for your business?